21 Responses

1. Rachel | 52 Weeks Project
    Rachel | 52 Weeks Project at | | Reply

Super cute Heidi! Actually makes me want to give knitting another try :)
    Rachel | 52 Weeks Project recently posted…Valentine Candy BoxMy Profile

2. 20 TURQUOISE TUTORIALS | JADERBOMB
    20 TURQUOISE TUTORIALS | JADERBOMB at |

[…] Jar Cups via Madigan Made  Tassel Earrings via Lana Red Studio Faux Woven Cowl via Hands Occupied  Turquoise and Silver Faith Bracelet via Wait till your Father get’s home Diy […]

3. KM
    KM at | | Reply

This is super cute! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

4. Janet Callaghan
    Janet Callaghan at | | Reply

Great stitch, thanks for showing

5. Alisha
    Alisha at | | Reply

I love this cowl. I am going to give this a try after I finish my husbands sweater. TFS the pattern and video!!

6. Viviana
    Viviana at | | Reply

Hi, thanks for the pattern, super cute! I have a question, I knit in the round. How many stitches do u think I should cast on? Thanks

7. Ruth
    Ruth at | | Reply

Years ago when my daughter was a little girl I made her a hat, scarf and mittens using the same stitch. It is easy and very warm.

8. Elaine
    Elaine at | | Reply

I love that cowl, awesome. I also love your gloves. . . What pattern did you use or is it your own?

9. Monika
    Monika at | | Reply

Your cowl looks stunning!
    Thanks for sharing this stitch (great work with tutorial btw) because now I finally know perfect pattern to knit rug/door mat from t-shirt yarn. I’ve already tried the gauge and works great. You should try too if you are DIY addict :)
    Warm Regards from Rotterdam (NL)

10. Deb
    Deb at | | Reply

Heidi, being fairly new to knitting I have no idea what size needles to use, what is an “appropriate” size? Thanks.

11. Kokeshette
    Kokeshette at | | Reply

Oh, I love the stitch and the color !!
    And, as I already knitted a cowl with this yarn, I have the right needles ! No excuse !
    I think I might update my blog with this cowl in a few weeks… :-)
    Thanks for the pattern !
    Kokeshette recently posted…[DIY] Le snood DuneMy Profile

12. Frida
    Frida at | | Reply

Great pattern :)
    Thank you for sharing.

Hugs
    Frida

13. Vicki
    Vicki at | | Reply

Love this cowl. I am making one now for a good friend. Can’t wait to make one for myself. Thanks for the nice pattern.

14. Kokeshette
    Kokeshette at | | Reply

Hi Heidi,

My cowl is ready ! I followed all the instructions of your blog : I mean, I used the same yarn, same color, same quantity, same number of stitchs… :-) http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Kokeshette/faux-woven-cowl
    I love it !! And thanks for the explanation, especially the video of the stitch !
    Moreover, it made me try the provisional cast on and grafting.

I’d like to share it on my blog, which is in French. Are you ok, if I just translate the part where you explain the pattern ? For the other instructions, I will redirect to your blog or some video in French.

Thanks again for sharing !
    Kokeshette recently posted…Sablés coeurs confiture pour la Saint ValentinMy Profile

15. zouzoubidouille
    zouzoubidouille at | | Reply

Superbe merci beaucoup pour ce beau modèle , il me tarde de l’essayer
    Bises
    Ingrid
    zouzoubidouille recently posted…Une visite surprise !!!!!My Profile

Please comment with your real name using good manners.