Yes! The sixth ornament of Christmas is another crochet ornament, and it’s extra adorable. :) Crochet up a tiny mug ornament in no time that works for the coffee addict, tea lover, or beer aficionado (picture a tall pint glass with white foam on top) on your list. This makes a great keychain, gift topper, or of course, ornament for your Christmas tree!
Crochet Mug Ornament Pattern
US size F crochet hook
Lion Brand Bonbons in Beach – 1 mini skein in orange, plus some black
poly-fil (polyester fiber fill, a.k.a. stuffing) – optional
magic ring – here’s a tutorial for newbies
sc – single crochet
ch – chain
sc 2 in 1 – single crochet twice in same ch
rnd – round
(X sc) – X is the number of sc that are now in the rnd
(Y rnds) – Y is the number of times a rnd is worked
sl – slip
Make mug body
1. Form a magic ring & sc 5 into ring. Pull tail to tighten loop.
2. sc 2 in 1, around. (10 sc)
3. (sc 1, sc 2 in 1) around. (15 sc)
4. (sc 2, sc 2 in 1) around. (20 sc)
5-12. sc around (8 rnds)
13. sc around, sl to join.
Make mug handle
1. ch 3, sc 2 starting in 2nd ch from hook, ch 1, turn.
2-9. sc 2, ch 1, turn. (8 rnds)
Sew handle to side of mug.
Make coffee/hot chocolate
1. Form a magic ring & sc 6 into ring. Pull tail to tighten loop.
2. sc 2 in 1, around. (12 sc)
3. (sc 1, sc 2 in 1) around, so to join. (18 sc)
Stuff with poly-fil and sew into top of mug.
Weave in all ends.
If you make this or the other ornaments of Christmas, please share them on social media using #handsoccupiedhohoho! If you prefer Ravelry, there’s a thread to visit if you’d like to share or chat about them there.