It’s finally time. The 12 ornaments of Christmas series is switch has officially been flipped to full-on festive! The ornament heralding the switch is the seventh in our series, a crochet peppermint. Constructed from the center out using the ever-useful magic loop and basic increases you see in many amigurumi projects, this peppermint brings a breath (get it?) of fresh, festive air to your Christmas tree.
Crochet Peppermint Ornament Pattern
US size F crochet hook
Lion Brand Bonbons in Beach – 1 mini skein in white & 1 in red
poly-fil (polyester fiber fill, a.k.a. stuffing)
magic ring – here’s a tutorial for newbies
sc – single crochet
ch – chain
sc 2 in 1 – single crochet twice in same ch
rnd – round
(X ch) – X is the number of ch that are now in the rnd
sl – slip
Clr A – color A, white
Clr B – color B, red
hdc – half double crochet
hdc 2 in 1 – half double crochet twice in same ch
blsc – sc into the back of the ch, here’s a tutorial
Make front of peppermint
1. Using clr A, form a magic ring & sc 6 into ring. Pull tail to tighten loop.
2. Clr A: sc 2 in 1 around. (12 ch)
3. (hdc B, hdc 2 in 1 A) around. (18 ch)
4. (hdc B, hdc A, hdc 2 in 1 A) around. (24 ch)
5. (hdc B, hdc A twice, hdc 2 in 1 A) around. (30 ch)
6. (blsc B, blsc A 4 times) around.
7. (blsc B, blsc A 4 times) around, sl to join.
Make back of peppermint
Work rnds 1-5 above, sl to join at end of rnd 5.
Sew back to front of peppermint, stuffing as you go. Weave in all ends to finish.
Just a reminder! If you make any of ornaments of Christmas, share them with us on social media with #handsoccupiedhohoho! If you’re a Ravelry fan, there’s a thread to visit if you’d like to share there.