While I thoroughly enjoyed my Memorial Day weekend (and my smelly pups got groomed, see pics 2 & 3 above), the week following it has been quite the whirlwind. Fitting 5 days of work into 4 is exhausting! Check out what I’m into this week and what you may have missed below.
So this was awesome
watermelon slice socks –by Wendy Gaal on Ravelry (via Make)
liquid copper leaf clock -52 weeks project
diamond patterned tablecloth -Make and Takes
fabric flower carrier -merrythought
wire crochet bangle -Petals to Picots
how to make Æbelskiver -Meet Me at Mike’s
embroidered luggage -Craft and Creativity
- I’ve been watching far too much RuPaul’s Drag Race season 4, which is streaming at Logo TV’s website. That show – you get to watch fabulous, confident people design and craft themed outfits. It’s awesome.
- Nerd alert, the husband and I spent Memorial Day seeing the new Star Trek movie. And since Khan makes an appearance, the husband then made me watch the first episode he appeared in in 1967. And then we watched Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. As you do.
I didn’t get nearly the amount of reading done I thought I would last weekend. Of course. I’m still working on The Aviator’s Wife & Tell the Wolves I’m Home. I haven’t gotten to start The Magicians, and it looks like I’ll have to return it. My book group is reading J.K. Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy in June, so since that hold just came in at my library, I’ll have to switch over to reading that one asap. The Magicians will have to wait.
In case you missed it…
- I made a simple rainbow optical illusion yo-yo, and you can too.
- Over at Mod Podge Rocks, I shared how to repair (or just makeover) a paper parasol.
- I’m currently hosting a giveaway for a $43 gift certificate to quirky home goods vendor CatchingFireflies.com. There’s also a coupon code.
- Yesterday, I shared inspiration for incorporating artichokes into my kitchen decor.
- I also found some cool candle-related projects & inspiration for Craft Gossip this week.