If you’re into this yarn, tune in later this week for a review and giveaway with TWO prizes up for grabs!
Round Granny Cushion pattern
US S (19 mm) crochet hook
1 skein Gazzal Pure Wool yarn (100 g) in Reddish Brown
14 inch round pillow form
Abbreviations & terms
magic ring – Here’s a video tutorial.
sc – single crochet
sl – slip
rnd – round
X ch – X indicates the number of sts now in the round
ch – chain
2 in 1 – work the listed crochet stitch twice in one stitch
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
whip stitch – Here’s a tutorial.
Gauge & dimensions: 6 sc over 4 inches using US S hook. Finished pattern measures 14 inches in diameter.
Begin by forming a magic ring.
1. sc 6 into ring, sl to join into rnd. 6 sts
2. ch 1, sc 2 in 1 around, sl to join. 12 sts
3. ch 1, sc 1, sc 2 in 1, sl to join. 18 sts
4. ch 2, hdc 2, hdc 2 in 1, sl to join. 24 sts
5. ch 2, hdc 3, hdc 2 in 1, sl to join. 30 sts
6. ch 3, dc 4, dc 2 in 1, sl to join. 36 sts
7. ch 3, dc 5, dc 2 in 1, sl to join. 42 sts
Break yarn and draw tail through. Weave in ends.
Cut a circle of felt measuring 14 inches in diameter. Using a tapestry needle, sew the cushion front to the felt circle using a whip stitch until it’s a little more than half way closed. Insert your pillow form and finish sewing around the cushion front and felt circle to close. Secure all ends.