images via sources below
I’ve been busy all week planning, booking, crafting knitting and prepping for next Friday’s big Sweater Party benefitting Save the Children. If you haven’t heard, I’ll be hosting a party at Chicago’s Nina yarn store on Friday 12/12 from 5-7:30 pm, with all donations benefitting the Save the Children foundation. Basically, it’s going to be a fun, sweater-themed party to help us raise money for an awesome charity. And even though the campaign we’re raising money for is called Make the World Better with a Sweater, no knitting or crochet is required to participate. Here’s a taste of some of the things I have in the works:
- ugly sweater cookie decoration station
- dance party
- knitting mini sweaters
- fashion show of attendees’ best knitwear (optional but will be really fun!)
- door prizes
- drinks & snacks
- epic, yarn-filled photo booth
My goal is make this the funnest yarn nerd holiday fest ever. I have sketches of my vision for this party, ranging from giant knitting needles to tiny sweaters all over the place as I work on party panning. I really think this is going to be fun! Come geek out with me! And help a charity while we’re at it!
If you can’t make it to the party (because I do realize not everyone lives in Chicago), you can also support the charity by making an online donation. And if you donate there, you’re eligible to win a $5o gift certificate to WEBS. It’s a win/win, really!
best of the week: knit and crochet
mini crochet gift boxes -ice pandora
wreath of crochet poinsettias -yarn twist
amigurumi bunny ornament -all about ami
knit gift card holders -4 you with love
traveling cables hat -the purl bee
vintage crochet baby pixie hat -bread & with it
- Win a PostStitch box full of everything you need to knit a project start to finish, plus extra goodies!
- Support the Save the Children foundation for a chance to win a gift certificate to Webs, American’s Yarn Store.
in case you missed it…
- New holiday pattern: mini stockings!
- The Remy Pullover / KAL wrap-up
- Get knitting projects in a box with PostStitch
Thanks for sharing my Vintage Pixie Hat!
Looks like you have a busy yarn nerd holiday a head of you!
Loved the party last night at Nina’s and wish I could have stayed longer. The “Christmas sweater” cookie decorating was a great idea and I will be knitting a mini sweater for sure. Good to meet you, good to donate, good website.