17 Responses

1. Matilda
    Matilda at | | Reply

OMg! thanks so much!
    Matilda recently posted…plasmatics-life:

plasmatics:
    Fireworks ~ By Sean Chelmn {…
    My Profile

2. Pearl
    Pearl at | | Reply

I’m still unclear on how to sew the ears in properly to prevent them from flopping over. I am a visual learner, I’m hoping you might have pictures of that.

3. jessica
    jessica at | | Reply

I don’t see the step where you sew on the “headband” piece. When and where is that sew on?

4. jessica
    jessica at | | Reply

It turned out a little different but it will be okay, thanks for your help! I just struggled with what measurements to use for the pieces.

5. Melissa
    Melissa at | | Reply

With the ‘headband’ piece did you make it a little taller than the 2-3″ specified in the pattern for the aviator hat?

6. Josette
    Josette at | | Reply

Wondering the size of the triangles, for the top of the hat, in inches??? I’m having trouble with the proportions…
    Thanks!
    Josette recently posted…Style this DIY: Louise Belcher HatMy Profile

7. Allyson
    Allyson at | | Reply

Hi! This may have an obvious answer I am missing: did you trace and cut out pieces for the ear flaps? Or did you incorporate them into the crown like the triangles?

Thanks for the awesome tutorial!

8. Christina
    Christina at | | Reply

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for the tutorial! It was great, however I am still confused about the ear flaps (as Allyson mentioned above). I am not talking about the actual ears that are sewn into the top of the crown, but the ear flaps that go over our actual ears, as aviator hats typically do.They are apart of the pattern above, however I seem to have missed how they are included into the Louise hat.

9. Erin
    Erin at | | Reply

Geez Louise what a great tutorial. Mine didn’t end up having the aviator ear flap thing going, as I measured the “crown” part pretty dead on. I didn’t add ear flaps mostly because the hat fit well, and I was doing it last last last minute in the middle of the night and I was sleepy. :) Still cute and pulls Louise off. Thanks!

10. Tony Abbott’s Daughters, The Hideous Skywhale, And Eleven Other Costumes That Will Win Halloween | Junkee

[…] Pink bunny ears hat: $49.95, from My Party Shirt — or, make one yourself […]

Please comment with your real name using good manners.