Ahoy! Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. For those of you who might not know about this fun day, here’s a little info from the International Talk Like a Pirate Day website:
Ever since Dave Barry mentioned us in his nationally syndicated newspaper column in 2002, what once was a goofy idea celebrated by a handful of friends has turned into an international phenomenon that shows no sign of letting up. Maybe you read about us on line.. Maybe you caught one of our radio or TV interviews. Or maybe you just stumbled on to our site while googling around for sites your mother probably wouldn’t approve of. Or perhaps you’re one of the millions of people from South Africa to the South Pole, from New York to the Pacific Northwest, who’ve made it your own personal excuse to party like pirates everyÂ September 19thÂ (and sometimes for days before and after)!
To learn more about Talk Like a Pirate Day, visit the ITLAPD website.
I’m celebrating today by sharing some piratey project inspiration with you guys. Check out the list of sources below the photos for links to tutorials for all of these scurvy ideas.
- Recycled Pirate Ship at Molly Moo
- DIY Treasure Chest at Kate’s Creative Space
- DIY Pirate Crayons at Estefi Machado
- Match Box Peg Leg Pirate at Estefi Machado
- Easy 3D Pirate Ship Cookies at The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle
- Pirate Zipper Pull at Cool2Craft
- Shiver Me Timbers cross stitch pattern at Kincavel Krosses
Leave a Reply