I was busy this week. In normal Chicago fashion, the weather was cloudy and chilly, and then it turned super sunny and warm midweek. This meant frustrated dogs stuck indoors while I got a lot done, followed by sunny days of little to no productivity.
Over the weekend I took a photography class to improve my tutorial shoots and learn how to deal with hard-to-light objects, like googly eyes and glass. Through taking the class, I learned that if nothing else, I might just have a knack for styling photo shoots. Whooda thunk?
So this was awesome
this fish shaped coffee sleeve would be perfect for my dad for Father’s Day! -Crafty Stacy (via Craft Gossip)
someone made a a jacket with ziploc bags (via Make)
make some paper pearls -Mormorsglamour
subtle white-rimmed clay pots -Crafted
knitted dog backpack -Squirrels & Curls (via Make)
felt pansies -Salute to Cute
spring flower crown -Green Wedding Shoes
masking tape installation by Koji Iyama (via Discover Paper)
- I started watching an excellent BBC-produced show, Call the Midwife, last month and have plowed through two seasons lickety split. The finale of season 2 will air this week on PBS, followed by its season 2 Christmas special, in hit British TV fashion :).
- My friend Janelle celebrated her 26th on Saturday in GREAT Gatsby fashion with a themed, costumes-encouraged party. There was a delicious spread of tea time snacks and cocktails, followed by champagne-infused croquet on the shores of Lake Michigan and a late night trip to watch the new movie in the theater. Here is the birthday girl looking gorgeous and a shot of me (taken by the photographically uninclined husbot) in my newly acquired legit 1920s beaded frock from Chicago’s Dethrose Vintage.
In case you missed it…
- I shared a 5 strand braided headband tutorial on Monday.
- You’ve got til Wednesday to vote me Best Indie Crafter for the Chicago Reader’s Best of Chicago awards.
- Learn how to make a pretty washi tape bib necklace with my latest tutorial for The Good Weekly.
- The Hands Occupied Reader Survey ended yesterday, tune in early next week for the results!