Last weekend was filled with painting, gardening, celebrating friends’ graduations and listening to the action over at the annual Puerto Rican Pride Parade that took place near my neighborhood. Let me tell you – between hauling potted plants up four flights of stairs and painting an entire room in two coats, I was physically exhausted. My crafty weekdays following that were full of projects (duh) and handling a variety of light bloggy business.
So this was awesome
Craft tutorials & decor
faux leather ottoman -Lovely Indeed
little pinata boxes -Studio DIY
Gatsby-inspired bridal hair accessory -Angelica Brigade (via CRAFT)
pillows of your pets -Shanon Broder (via Freshome)
surprisingly cute rubber band jewelry -babble dabble do
DIY geometric doormat -WhimseyBox
adorable & simple baby booties -Things Dee Loves
Finished reading: JK Rowling’s first novel for grown-ups, The Casual Vacancy.
Started reading: Crossed by Ally Condie
Will soon finish: The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin & Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
Shows & Movies
- I destroyed RuPaul’s Drag Race season 5 in 3 days.
- The husband and I have been (sloowly) rewatching Arrested Development for the zillionth time. We want to get back through it before watching the episodes released last month.
In case you missed it…
- On Monday, I shared a cute tutorial showing you how to make a crab sweater chain.
- My top 3 audiobooks of all time went live on Wednesday.
- I made a mini pinwheel bouquet with book pages and a champagne cork for The Good Weekly.
- Yesterday, I shared the story of the house my dad built from reclaimed utility poles.
PS: Here’s a picture my dad today. It didn’t make the cut for yesterday’s log cabin post, but I had to share. I think he might be related to Ernest Hemingway, and I don’t think it’s just the beard. Thoughts?
Hemingway shot via Flickr
Leave a Reply